- Nexon Korea is preparing for a cross-platform beta test for ‘The First Descendant’, a free-to-play third-person co-op action RPG shooter.
- Two new playable characters, Valby and Kyle, will be introduced, expanding the roster for the upcoming beta test scheduled from August 22 to August 28, 2023.
- ‘The First Descendant’ is slated for launch on various platforms, including Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam, in Q4 of 2023.
During the Xbox Games Showcase Extended, Nexon Korea made public their plans for an upcoming cross-platform beta test for ‘The First Descendant’, their next-gen free-to-play third-person co-op action RPG shooter. The game, which is expected to launch across various platforms including Xbox Series/One, PlayStation 4/5, and PC via Steam in Q4 of 2023, was showcased in a brand new gameplay trailer powered by Unreal Engine 5.
Prepping for Beta and Launch
The upcoming beta, set to run from August 22 through August 28, 2023, is significant as it will be the first to be accessible across PC, Xbox and PlayStation consoles via crossplay. Players can now wishlist ‘The First Descendant’ via the Xbox Game Store, PlayStation Store, and Steam for PC.
In the new gameplay trailer, Nexon unveiled two new characters: Valby and Kyle, each with their unique combat styles and abilities. These new additions bring the total number of playable characters to thirteen for the upcoming beta.
NEXON Games, the developing studio, has taken into account player feedback from initial play tests. This has led to the introduction of much-requested features, such as dynamic character customization through a new cosmetic system and skill modifications, a new way to traverse the land via a grappling hook, new quality of life elements, and more.
New Additions to The First Descendant
‘The First Descendant’ crossplay beta on August 22 will introduce a slew of new updates and additions:
- New and updated content, including new single-player / co-op stories and missions, new characters, and improvements to the grappling hook.
- New customization features, including a new cosmetic system, unique skins and character skill modifications.
- Improved gameplay experience, with updated UI, UX and QoL elements, upgraded server and game performance, and updated jump motion and gun sound effects.
- Collaboration with globally renowned composer Stephen Barton for quality audio design.
- Up to four players can team up for new giant boss raids against the Colossuses.
These updates promise an enhanced experience for players in preparation for ‘The First Descendant’s’ launch later this year.